Special life moments require a unique type of gift. Monogram gifts make special occasions like birthdays and weddings a little more personal. A monogram is a decorative motif that uses one, two or more letters of a person’s name, usually in a fancy font. In most circumstances, the letters used are the initials of the person receiving the gift.
Monogram Styles and Arrangements
A monogram comes in many different styles and arrangements. The arrangement of the initials can vary based on the recipient of the gift being given. These are the common types of monograms that might be seen:
- The initial style monogram
- uses a one-letter monogram, usually a first or last initial, or the letter of a company
- Block style
- popularly used in three-letter monograms, letters are all the same size and width
- Traditional style
- typically used with names in a three-initial format, the middle letter represents the first letter of the last name and is slightly larger than the side letters which are indicative of the first and middle name
- Stacked style
- used best with the three-letter monograms, the first and middle initials are stacked and placed to the left of the initial of the last name
- used with fonts that have flourishes on them, allowing the elements to touch one another
- Circle monogram
- a style that works best with two or three-letter monograms, letters are fit inside and in the shape of a circle
- works in the same way as the circle monogram, only the letters are enclosed in a diamond shape or take the shape of a diamond
- a small space overlaps the initial character, and this space can contain the entire word that the initial letter stands for
Different Ways To Monogram
Monograms can be created using the font and arrangement that fits the occasion. Many monogrammed gifts are often made by etching or engraving the monogram into the gift. An example of these is jewelry, drinking glasses, wooden keepsakes, etc.
Other ways to monogram include embroidery and vinyl decals. Many jackets or polo shirts may be emblazoned with the monogram of a company or the owner in embroidered letters. These letters can also be done in various fonts. Vinyl decals are made for items like plastic tumblers and car windows.
Monograms are a great way to make a gift personal for the recipient. Most monogram gifts are also functional, meaning that the recipient can use it instead of just sitting it on a shelf. For special occasions, using monograms provide a personal experience and shows the thought of the person giving the gift.
Custom embroidery and monogramming helps add personality to your apparel. If you are looking for monograms for personal or corporate events, visit Legacy Monograms
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10332580